School uniform plays a vital role in promoting the ethos of a school, providing a sense of belonging and identity and setting an appropriate tone for education. By creating a common identity amongst all pupils, regardless of background, a school uniform can also act as a social leveller.
The “Education (Guidance about Costs of School Uniforms) Act 2021” states that all stipulated school uniform items must be affordable for all and any branded items, purchased through uniform suppliers, offer value for money. This statutory guidance came into effect in September 2022.
The Aspire Uniform Policy, formed in part by parent/pupil voice, ensures each individual uniform offering across the trust is in line with this legislation and helps maintain the balance between affordability and upholding of school ethos and identity.
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan (school logo optional)
- White polo shirt
- Grey trousers, shorts or skirt
- Grey or black tights
- Plain black, grey or white socks
- Plain black shoes or trainers
- Blue t-shirt
- Black shorts or skort (plain black leggings or jogging bottoms for colder weather)
- Plain trainers or plimsolls
- Royal blue embroidered hoodie (optional)
- V Neck royal blue sweatshirt (embroidered with 'St Minver School') - Ages 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12
- Royal blue cardigan (embroidered with 'St Minver School') - Ages 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10
- White polo shirts (embroidered with 'St Minver School') - Ages 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12
- Royal blue t-shirt (embroidered with school logo) - Ages 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/11, 12/13
- Black skort- Sizes 22/24, 26/28
- Royal blue hoodie (embroidered with school logo) - Ages 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/11, 12/13